SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: THE COMPLETE BLUEPRINT
This is an amazing guide to social media marketing in 2020 and beyond.
In this in-depth guide we will cover:
- Why Social Media Marketing
- What Is Social Media Marketing
- Create a Social Media Strategy
- And Much More…
So, If you want to know more about Social Media Marketing, you’ll love this guide.
Let’s get to dive into it.
Table of Content
- Why Use Social Media?
- What Is Social Media Marketing
- How To Create a Social Media Marketing Strategy?
- #3 Hacks Boost Social Media Engagement
Why Use Social Media?
Social media is the word there’s absolutely no way you haven’t heard of it yet. Over the last few years, social media has completely changed the Internet. actually it has changed the whole world and also the world of marketing.
What are the reasons for your business to start utilizing these new forms of communication? These are the seven most important reasons to use social media marketing to grow your business.
1. Showcase Your Brand: Social media offers another marketing channel for creating brand awareness relationship building or driving new sales. So “why not use it?” especially when it’s free.
2. Develop a Loyal Community: People enjoy being part of a business that is proactively building a lively community such as an online community that can help you establish an emotional connection between your company and your prospects which is essential for your long-term success.
3. Improve Customer Service: Social Media is a great feedback source enabling your prospects to communicate with your company and each other can greatly improve your customer service and increase brand trustworthiness.
4. Increase Digital Exposure: Interacting in social networks can significantly increase your online presence. social media leads to massive exposure due to its worldwide access sharing capabilities and a huge amount of daily users number
5. Boost Traffic in Search Engine Rating: social media is a major lead generator that it constantly brings high volume traffic to your website and they can also help with SEO. since search engines significantly reflect your social media content number.
6. Expand Sales & Reach New Audience: Listening to your prospects on social networks can help you respond to their specific needs. This will most likely cause an increase in sales but also expand your customer base.
7. Cut Marketing Cost: As compared to traditional channels like printer advertising social media marketing is affordable for any business.
Remember: social media channels are free. Managing social media and taking care of all the content & feedback can get pretty time-consuming.
What Is Social Media Marketing?
It is the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media sites. Be it YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. people are spending a lot of time on these platforms.
The best part is that this sector has grown faster than the internet itself. don’t just start social media marketing by choosing a platform and start paying for ads. It doesn’t work like that.
How To Create a Social Media Marketing Strategy?
Follow the steps below to grow your business with social media to the next level.
1. Align business goals + KPIs: If you’re running a business or working for a business then you have business goals like increasing brand awareness by 50%, increasing sales, etc. The reason you need to create a social media strategy is that you are looking to obtain a business goal.so it is crucial for you first and foremost to align these business goals with social media and establish key performance indicators that you can look at each month and track your progress towards your goals.
2. Define The Target Audience: you might have multiple audiences that you’re looking to target but focus on parameters like:
3. Platform Strategy: First and foremost you want to understand the purpose of the platform. Each social media network has a different purpose. An example I like to give people and clients sometimes is that they think about, for example, LinkedIn as the business platform. Define the purpose of the platform like what are the reasons you use that platform like youtube to give news, Instagram to connect with people, etc.
4. Messaging: your organic social media tone: how does the brand communicate or how does it convey itself like formal or informal, funny, etc
5. Content: Before creating content strategy make sure to include eye-catching and interesting video your strategy because videos are getting 1200% higher engagement rather than any other content type. Here we list content that performs best on social media by channel
- Facebook: video, Livestream, local content, images
- Instagram: carousel images, story, videos
- Linkedin: guest posts, article
- Twitter: images, mobile-optimized article
- Pinterest: high-quality infographics, videos
6. Amplification: It is also known as advertising as you know how much quality content you put on social media but no one can see it unless you have millions of followers. So when you are just starting out you have to use social media ads to grow your following on social media.
7. Monitor: You started your social media with business goals and KPIs. So you have to measure or monitor your KPI and goals biweekly or monthly. You can check out factors like
- How many visitors you get from social media
- How much money you spend on advertising
- How its cost to acquire a customer on social media from different channels
- How much organic post is reaching
- How much engagement you get etc.
#3 Hacks That Boost Social Media Engagement
Hack #1 Post Consistently: Before posting consistently you need to define what consistency means for you. For example how many videos you put in one month or one week on youtube, how many posts you upload on Instagram per day, how many tweets you’re gonna tweet per day.
Hack #2 Leverage Your Personal Profile: If you are a business you have a personal profile for friends and a business profile of promoting business. Leverage your personal profile to share your business posts in the story, with friends and tell them to share to grow your following and engagement. Don’t do it daily but share once in a while.
Hack #3 Engage First: Don’t just scroll you feed leave a like and put a thoughtful comment on others post and start conversion with an account that inspire you most or related to your niche.
In the world with over 80% of internet users active on social networks, who spend at least one hour a day on average on those social networks, we have to conclude that social networks have become a sort of reality in which people communicate, interact, and obviously trust. We also have to be aware that over 70% of those users access social networks via mobile devices, with strong indicators that this percent will only increase in the future years.
Social media changed our life so much where it’s personal or Business. Our life became more convenient because social media is a very useful tool for us in the 21st century, it could help us to improve our life. However, we have to aware of how we use them. If we could use social media smartly, having social media will become a good change for us.